Thursday, February 11, 2010

HOMEMADE LAUNDRY SOAP RECIPE


LAUNDRY SOAP
1 BAR FELS NAPTHA grated
1 cup BORAX laundry booster
1/2 c ARM & HAMMER washing soda
see picture
1 5 gallon bucket
container to put finished soap in
this is my recipes that works for me.
1 grated bar of Fels Napths, i use my chees grater and use the smallest side to grate it small,
in a pan add 6 cups hot water and heat with grated soap until dissolved.
in the 5 gallon bucket fill 1/2 way with hot water and dissolve the Borax and Arm & Hammer in
it. Once that is totally dissolved added the water and grated soap mixture. Fill the rest of the bucket with hot water and stir until totally mixed. Let cool, this may take a while, water stays hot for a while, (speaking from experiences here)
Once your mixture cools it will be a thick gel. Put in what ever containter you plan on storing it in. Only 1/2 -3/4 fill with soap and add more water. I usually only 1/2 fill because the longer it set the thicker it gets. Before using you will have to shake the bottle and mix soap up. If you decide to leave in the 5 gallon bucket after it cools cover it. If storing and using this way add your soap before clothes to the water.
I use 1/2 cup or if using a old laundry container that has oneof those caps I use that.
It makes between 5-7 gallons of laundry soap depending on if you add more water to seperate containers at the time of storage. i have done it both ways depending onthe amount of time I have when making it.
If you have any questions just ask.
I know my husband likes this soap so much better and brags to his friends on how much cleaner his clothes are and he is a logger and get real dirty.
it is a fresh smell. I dont add any fragrances to my laundry soap

No comments: