Thursday, September 23, 2010

What a Wonderful Fall Morning

What a glorious way to start fall. The windows were left open all night, to think one day last week I ran the wood stove to take the chill off. After all this is NH and if you dont like the weather wait a minute it will change. Have 6 children here this morning. and believe it my house is still quiet except for these kittens who seem to think the Kitty 500 qualifying matches start at 4am every day.
Rain circled all around me yesterday like a wagon train and Thank you very much I didnt get wet. As Anthony and I rode the tractor making more rows of hay. Today I will go turn it over again. So glad I unhooked everything,,LOL.
The smells of cooking apples will soon fill the kitchen as I have time to bake today. I have missed my kitchen home long enough to make the mess but never to clean it up.
Laundry is almost caught up but with 6 children here it doesnt only take one day of not doing it to get behind.
My Miss Hailey decided to give her gramma a scare last night and play with the guinea pig, needless to say she is allergic to them. Many thanks to her other Grammy Karen for coming to this grammas rescue with all she needed.
The 2 week old bunnies are out of the nest exploring their world with great amazement as the cover comes off the cage to feed them they run in every direction .
Miss Deanna and Miss Hailey did a wonderful job cleaning the cages last night as i finished alot of the other chores. I need to spend time in the chicken coop and do some remodeling as Mr. Brownie has decided to break my door and with winter coming its easier to do it while it is nice out.
The pigs are grown and hopefully in 6 weeks head to the butcher, we will see, they have had a slow start in growing for some reason.
Been looking for a couple bantam hens to do some setting for me so we can have our own babies instead of buying more,would like to get them started and hatched before winter so by spring they will be close to be able to lay eggs as my chickens will be 2 yrs old this yr and as productions goes down the new will take over and these will go into the stew pot.
Praying the weather holds all week as I would also like to hit the cow barn and get that totally cleaned out as the goats and sheep will make that their home this winter,, not sure what I am doing with Wilbur my pot bellie pig. The new barn hasnt gotten built as there is never that extra day or hrs needed to finish all the to do list.

Picked a bunch of green tomatoes yesterday and more cherry tomatoes for the farm stand , will start making relish this weekend.All my berries from the summer are in the freezer and soon will turn in to jams for winter use.

Moving the sewing room again, seems like I always end up on the loosing end of that sewing room. Nick is having the basement redone to have more of his own space and what is my sewing room now will be his bed room. Now to decide whether to set up my little house again as sewing or try to put it in my bed room, pros and cons. My little house has no heat or power so some would have to be run and the dogs couldnt get to it, In the house now warm and power but the animals can get to my stuff.. Learning toward getting the little house wired and heated I have a little wood stove i could use It would give me privacy and i could leave the house and go to work of course about 50 steps to the Little house isnt very far but it would be nice.
And its big enough to have Anthony have is play pen and toys to play while I work. So I do believe thats what I am going to aim for.
So how is your week going? i hope all your setting out to do is working in the way that best suits you.For now I need a refill on coffee and get 5 kids up for school. So have a great day in whatever you do and enjoy the beauty around you. As each day is a Blessing.

No comments: