Saturday, April 3, 2010

Chores & children

I have been wondering about chores and children today. My boys today seem to have a problems with chores. I know its beautiful out side,(hint--chores are done outside). No matter what i ask of them today they seem to wander off and hide. Now first let me explain for those of you who dont actually know me, my boys are almost 13 and 30(mentally 10-15). Ok Last night as I left to go do what I needed to do, I explain to them how and showed them what I expected with emptying the bread from the barrels and putting plastic in trash and where and how to put bread. Now i showed them so i was figuring pretty much hands on, in English they should of gotten it. LOL no clue when it came to what to do with empty barrels, how about just move them out of your way. Hello- any one home. boy I was glad to be leaving.
I got back home about 2 hrs later and found out they got tired shortly after I left and came in the house and got something to eat...NO NO NO-- chores then eat. Animal depend on us to feed them.....#1 rule animals eat first. So I explain this morning as they both sat at the breakfast table since they didnt finish their chores from last night there was NO BREAKFAST until it was done.
Strange looks i did get, but both got up and went to the barn and finished what they were suppose to do last night. They took their sweet time for 2 boys that were so hungry.

Rob and I did alot of yard work today and I expected the boys to help do what they were physically able to do. Robbie was given instruction on what he was expected and Nick he was also. By the time I was done both boys were playing with tractor(toy) in the dirt out behind the back porch,, out of sight of mind deals. NO NO NO. Working farm needs working hands, more hands make light work.
Do your children have chores?
Do you pay your children an allowance to do chores?
I dont give these guys an allowance per say because one the dont willing just get up and do stuff and usually it has to be done several times before its done right. And if and when they need something above and beyond they get it.
Just wondering today thats all

No comments: